5 Steps to Boosting Your Metabolism and Losing More Weight
You probably know that improving the metabolic function of your body will help you get rid of more pounds more quickly. But what is metabolism actually and how can you make it work faster for you? Get the information which you require and a recipe for achieving more effective weight loss now.
Understanding Your Metabolism
This is the process through which the body transforms the calories from foods and drinks to energy which it can use to function normally. Your basal metabolic rate corresponds to the calories which your body requires to do its work on a daily basis.
You may be surprised to learn that some 70% of your calorie intake per day is used by your body to perform its functions. This means that if you boost your metabolism just a little bit, you can enjoy more effective and faster weight loss without taking any extra measures.
With all this being said, it is worth noting that the unnatural slowdown of the metabolism is extremely rare event. Simply put, the reason why you gain extra weight is highly unlikely to result from metabolic problems. Hence, you can have peace of mind and follow the steps shared below confidently.
The 5-Step Daily Routine
- Consume at least 1,200 calories per day – This is the basic minimum which your body needs to maintain its optimal basal metabolic rate. If you go on a crash diet, your body will fight against your weight loss effort. It is best to have three meals per day and two snacks between them.
- Replace simple carbohydrates with complex ones – The latter have been found to speed up the metabolic rate up to a third. So forget about foods made from white flour and about white rice and replace them with whole-grain bread and pasta and brown rice.
- Exercise for at least 30 minutes daily – This helps to increase your heart rate and oxygen intake. As a result, your body will perform its basic functions at a higher rate and you will lose more weight.
- Build strong muscles – A pound of muscle burns three times more calories than a pound of fat every day. Start strength training with sessions twice a week to achieve the best result.
- Stay away from alcohol – Two glasses of a high-alcohol beverage can reduce your basic metabolic rate by as much as three thirds. Drink more water, green tea and coffee and reduce your alcohol intake to the minimum.
Comments are closed.